Updated 29 June 2018 to reflect recent changes in the TAS First Home Owners Grant.
How much is the TAS First Home Owners Grant?
For First Home Buyers in Tasmania, the Grant is currently $20,000.
What’s the important eligibility criteria?
- First home buyer building or purchasing a brand new property within eligibility period.
- You or your Spouse must never have previously owned and occupied a property, for a continuous period of more than 6 months, in Australia after 1 July 2000.
- You or your Spouse must never have previously owned property in Australia before July 2000.
- You must occupy the home within 1 year, as their principal place of residence, for a continuous period of at least 6 months.
To read more about eligibility criteria click here.
How do I apply for the Grant?
You have options:
- Download the application form and apply yourself. Or;
- Apply through an Approved Agent (recommended if you’re applying for a loan, as your lender is most likely an approved agent).
If you’re applying for a loan, your Lender usually acts as your agent and collects the funds prior to settlement, so you have the money available to you on the day of your purchase settlement.
If you apply yourself, allow at least 2 weeks to receive the funds (and ensure you send all the supporting documents).
Download the FHOG Application here:
To download the FHOG application for TAS, click here.
Find other info specific to first home buyers grant, click here.
For Stamp Duty Concessions for First Home Buyers in TAS, click here.
Looking for FHOG info on other States and Territories?
If you’re looking for other States and Territories click here, then select your State or Territory.